7 June 2014

Grab-and-go, breakfast or dinner vegetable salad

Sometimes there's no point in making up salads which consist of a wide variety of difficult-to-access ingredients. 

My dad is the best at preparing this delicious vegetable salad which recipe I want to share with you today. I'm definitely not in the same class as my dad but I do my best. :D So far, I've only known this salad from being served on the side and a few days ago I made it for that purpose as well; however I've considered it a perfect breakfast food or grab-and-go snack. What you need are just some common vegetables, fruits and spices which, for sure, everone has in their kitchen. :)



INGREDIENTS

- 1 small cabbage lettuce
- 1/2 parsley (or chives)
- 1 apple
- 2 or 3 medium carrots 
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- olive oil 
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- salt, pepper and sugar (to taste)

DIRECTIONS 

1. Remove tough leaves, wash and chop cabbage lettuce. Place it in a big bowl and add a pinch of salt. Put it aside for 25 minutes and let the cabbage soften.
2. Shave one apple and carrots and add them to the salad. Pour two tablespoons lemon juice and stir.
3. Spice with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar. Pour olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon vinegar over the salad and mix.
4. When the salad is well seasoned, add chopped parsley and mix all ingredients once again.

Bon appetit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment